Monday, February 22, 2010

Burlap...really?

I've been slowly (and I mean sloooowly) redoing my living room and kitchen.  They are basically one BIG room.  We've lived in our house for 8 years and it's pretty much been the same the whole time.  I'm just bored and need something new.  I've been making mental notes of what I like and I think I've made some desisions.  One think I know is that I like all this burlap stuff I've been seeing.  Being the Crafty Fox that I am, I've been looking for some great tutorials for home projects.   I was in burlap heaven when I came up on Tatertots and Jello
This is my go-to blog for all things home decorating.  Jen has it down, when it comes to using burlap!  My first project is this:
I'm hoping it will only take me a couple of days.  Then I'm going to move on to this:
She just uses some Dollar Store frames.  So, it's a cheap little project.
I'll need some new curtains, too
Oh, and I need some new lamps, BAD
There's not really a lot of burlap involved in this but the embellishment is cute!
I'll be decorating the kitchen, too.  We're not fancy at our house (is that bad?) but I LOVE this table! 
And last, but not least, I WILL be making these pillows. 
They aren't burlap, but they go with the color scheme and feel of what I'm trying to create in my home.  I hope you were inspired by some of these DIY home projects.  I know I am! 

Have a great day!
-Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment