Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lets make a funky elephant!!!!!

Sorry for the late posting. Wednesday kind of creeped up on me.

I was recently going through my cloths and found ol pj's that had a hole in them but they were to cute to throw away. So I racked my brain trying to think of something I can make out of them. Then it came to me..... AN ELEPHANT!


Why? Well, my son Levon loves the animals in his room and on the walls. Everynight we say our prayers and tell all the animals on the wall good night. As we tell all the animals, including the elephant, good night. Levon waves to each and every one of them as if they are all his friends. So, I decided to make him an elephant to sleep with.


Step 1:
Fold a peice of fabric in half so it is wrong side facing wrong side.  Draw an outline of an elephant (or any animal, critter, monster, or doll.) 




Cut around your drawing. And you will have 2 elephants.



Step 2:

Take a piece of ribbon and cut out 2 oval pieces and draw eyeballs.




Sew on eye balls.



Step 3:

Make the ears out of a different color of fabric. Make the ear whatever shape you want. Make two of the same shape for each ear. Sew both pieces together with the pretty sides together. Leave an opening so you can turn it right side out.  Fold the un sewn edges of the ears inward and sew to the elephant.




Step 4:
Sew the two pieces of the elephant together. Leave an opening for stuffing.  Stuff the elephant with as much stuffing as you can. When you sew the elephant sew it with seams out so it will frey with washing. Sew the opening you stuffed with together.

YOU DID IT!



Thanks For Reading!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this is too cute!!!!!!! LOVE IT!! I am definetly going to make one!!!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh! I love this! I want to make this !

    ReplyDelete